When the police shoots four armed criminals during the attempted robbery of a big pile of money, they leave almost nothing behind. Only their widows who are left with the frightening debts held by the unpleasant creditors. And it’s these debts, anger and grieve that connects the lonely women. They realize that if they stick together, they can do anything. They turn out to be a very capable storm troop, ready to take control of their own destiny.
- 129 min.
- United Kingdom, USA
- Steve McQueen
- Gillian Flynn, Steve McQueen
- Dir. of Photography:
- Sean Bobbitt
- Hans Zimmer
- Joe Walker
- Viola Davis, Michelle Rodriguez, Elizabeth Debicki, Cynthia Erivo, Colin Farrell, Brian Tyree Henry, Liam Neeson
- Regency Enterprises, See-Saw Films, Film4, New Regency Pictures
- Twentieth Century Fox / CinemArt SK
- Toronto 2018, London 2018, Chicago 2018, AFI Fest 2018
About the Director:
(1969, London, UK) is a visual artist and film director. In 1999 he received Turner Prize for his video inspired by Buster Keaton. In 2008 he received Golden Camera for the best debut for his feature film Hunger, FIPRESCI Prize in Cannes, FIPRESCI Prize in Venice for the film Shame, 2011 and the Oscar and BAFTA for 12 Years a Slave. In 2014 he received the European film award for Outstanding European Achievement in World Cinema.